The New Year is officially upon us, and it’s time to put together our New Year’s resolutions. When putting together your resolutions, it’s important to make concrete, measurable goals to hold yourself accountable. Here are a few of our favorite New Year’s resolutions at Russell Honda.
Learn a new skill
Adopt an entirely new skill this year. Try something you’ve always wanted to do, such as dancing or snowboarding. Learn a new card trick or how to make a new recipe the whole family will enjoy. Whichever skill you learn, you’ll be able to carry it over each year.
Read 12 books
Instead of resolving to “read more,” make your goal a little more concrete. Consider setting a goal to read one book per month. You can pick from a variety of different genres, including fiction, poetry, and biographies.
Reduce distractions while driving
Modern technology makes it easy to get distracted behind the wheel. Instead of driving with your phone in your lap, lock it in the glove compartment before you even put your keys in the ignition.
From all of us at Russell Honda, we wish you a safe and happy 2019. If you’re in the market for a new vehicle to start 2019 off right, visit our showroom or give us a call to schedule a test drive.
As 2018 draws to a close, many of us are looking for ways to improve our lives. If you need some inspiration for 2019, here are 10 New Year’s resolution ideas to get you started.
1. Learn Something Every Day. A simple way to learn more is to read Wikipedia’s featured article for the day.
2. Start a hobby. Having a hobby can help decrease stress and help you focus. Try something simple like baking or playing games with friends.
3. Eat Less. Cut calories from your diet is by eating smaller portions. Take the amount you normally would and then put a few tablespoons back.
4. Move More. Increase your daily movement by taking the stairs, having a kitchen dance party, and taking short walks during your lunch break
5. Read More. Visit your local library and pick out some new books.
6. Stop Procrastinating. Do simple tasks as soon as you think of them. Then, move on to bigger projects.
7. Go Outside. Make a goal to spend more time in nature, whether that is hikes on the weekends or just outdoor walks.
8. Be Kind. We need more kindness in the world. Focus on other people’s feelings and find ways to help.
9. Keep a Journal. By keeping track of your life, you can help yourself stay organized and get in touch with your true feelings.
10. Volunteer. When you help others, you help yourself, too. Volunteering increases your self-esteem and gives you purpose.
Here at Russell Honda, we hope you have a great start to the New Year.
Setting a goal is easy but achieving is much harder which is why many people fail to keep their New Year’s resolution. 2017 represents another chance to change your life for the better (or worse, we don’t judge). Here are a few things you can do to keep your New Year’s resolution in 2017 from us here at Russell Honda!
- Time – Take your time when attempting to make major changes to your lifestyle. Start by changing one mannerism, habit, or behavior at a time. Doing so increases the likelihood that you’ll be able to successfully make the changes you want. Attempting to change everything at once can result in stress and that can ultimately lead to a failed New Year’s resolution.
- Support – There’s nothing better to help you achieve your goals than by finding someone who will support you. Heading to the gym every day is much easier if you have a workout buddy waiting on you. That alone can be enough to force you to keep your resolution.
- Talk – When all else fails, find someone to talk to. Tell them about your resolution, goals, and anything else. Ask for advice or help and discuss what you want to achieve throughout 2017.