Just because it is cold and frosty outside, that does not mean you and your family can’t have any fun. In fact, some places offer the most fun when the temperatures are below freezing. Here are some family winter trip destinations you can plan this year.
- Go to Disney World. Nobody likes standing in staggering lines in sweltering heat. You can beat both of these things by going to Disney in the winter. Since Florida enjoys a mild winter, you likely won’t even need your coat.
- Hit the Slopes. You don’t have to travel too far to reach some snowy slopes. Just north of Arkansas in Missouri there are two ski resorts, Hidden Valley in Eureka and Snow Creek in Weston.
- Be an Olympian. Visit one of the former Olympic host cities, like Lake Placid, Salt Lake City, and others to try out some classic winter sports.
- Visit National Parks. Even in the wintertime, our national parks are a spectacular sight. Take ranger-led tours, see amazing wildlife, and more all without the heat or the crowds.
- Head to Texas. The Lone Star State offers a lot of fun for not a lot of money, making it an ideal spot for warm weather fun on a budget.
Which of these family winter trip ideas would you love to try? If you need a new vehicle before you hit the road, come visit us at Russell Honda.
On Saturday, December 2nd, the Little Rock community came together to celebrate the holidays with the Big Jingle Jubilee Holiday Parade. This parade is a holiday tradition that features marching bands, floats, animals, classic cars, and, of course, Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Here at Russell Honda, we love watching the parade with our families each year, especially seeing all of the creativity that goes into the floats. Which was your favorite float this year?
In case you missed the parade, there is still plenty of holiday fun in the Little Rock area throughout the month. Try some of these holiday events.
Mother Goose Christmas.
Take your kids to see this delightful Christmas tale with a nursery rhyme twist. It plays at the Arkansas Arts Center Children’s Theatre through December 17th.
Catch this classic Christmas ballet performed by Ballet Arkansas at the Robinson Center.
This friendly competition challenges tasters to choose the best eggnog in town. It will be held at the Historic Arkansas Museum on December 8th.
Christmas at the Old State House.
On December 17th and 19th, the Arkansas Chamber Singers will present their annual holiday concert.
What are your favorite holiday events in Little Rock?
We all have our holiday traditions, perhaps none more than Thanksgiving. Most families usually have the same dishes year after year, made by the same person, too. If you are ready for a change, here are five new Thanksgiving dishes you can surprise your family with.
This rich, creamy dessert will have everyone coming back for more. Serve it in a trifle dish or large glass bowl for a dish as beautiful as it tastes.
While some people prefer their stuffing from inside the turkey, once they taste this recipe, they might change their mind.
Grapefruit and Chicory Salad.
If you are searching for some lighter fare this year, try this tart salad that will leave you feeling refreshed.
Pepper Dinner Rolls.
With a hint of cracked black pepper, these rolls have some kick to them.
These soft pillows of goodness have a hint of sweetness thanks to the carrots and nutmeg.
Which of these recipes would you like to add to your Thanksgiving feast? We would love to try the pumpkin mousse. If you have any leftover pies, you can come share them with us at Russell Honda.