Just because it is cold and frosty outside, that does not mean you and your family can’t have any fun. In fact, some places offer the most fun when the temperatures are below freezing. Here are some family winter trip destinations you can plan this year.
- Go to Disney World. Nobody likes standing in staggering lines in sweltering heat. You can beat both of these things by going to Disney in the winter. Since Florida enjoys a mild winter, you likely won’t even need your coat.
- Hit the Slopes. You don’t have to travel too far to reach some snowy slopes. Just north of Arkansas in Missouri there are two ski resorts, Hidden Valley in Eureka and Snow Creek in Weston.
- Be an Olympian. Visit one of the former Olympic host cities, like Lake Placid, Salt Lake City, and others to try out some classic winter sports.
- Visit National Parks. Even in the wintertime, our national parks are a spectacular sight. Take ranger-led tours, see amazing wildlife, and more all without the heat or the crowds.
- Head to Texas. The Lone Star State offers a lot of fun for not a lot of money, making it an ideal spot for warm weather fun on a budget.
Which of these family winter trip ideas would you love to try? If you need a new vehicle before you hit the road, come visit us at Russell Honda.